Styling + Creative Design by Kate Martin
Photographs, Styling + Design by Brea McDonald
Maine weddings are not all about barns and wooded backdrops! To create “Contempoary Cool” we brought together a dream team of fantastic wedding pros to create an inspiration shoot that blends the raw historical elements of Portland’s waterfront with modern and traditional elements. The Portland Company was the perfect backdrop to inspire a setting for a contemporary wedding celebration. A wedding party would surely enjoy saying cheers around a table set with a mix of stylish, crafty, and textural elements. We included a decadent sweets table and a cozy place to lounge while rocking out with a cool DJ.
1) Event rentals from Leavitt and Parris combined with handmade, custom-crafted flower by Paper Posey accent the placesettings; mercury and glass details and flowers from Beautiful Days.
2) A decadent Dobos Torte from Aurora Provisions.
3) Simply romantic, simply modern: A bridal bouquet of white carnations and a gray dusty miller cuff from Beautiful Days.
4) Lazaro wedding gown and tux through Madeleine’s Daughter; hair and makeup by Hair That Moves and Joya Beauty inspired by ’40s pinup; shoes from Tania Spinelli and vintage jewelry from Nelson Rarities.
5) Sweets table with Russian tea cakes and dark chocolate cake with Tahitian buttercream from Aurora Provisions.
6) Custom letterpress invitation suite from Gus and Ruby Letterpress with envelope calligraphy from Elizabeth Porcher Jones through Gus and Ruby.
7) DJ Jon Tron spins it for real!
8) Custom escort cards designed by Gus and Ruby Letterpress with calligraphy by Elizabeth Porcher Jones and custom silver gilt display by Beautiful Days.